So I've been a bit quiet in the blogging front. I'd like to say it was because I've been off sunning myself somewhere drenched in sun and historical interest. Not so. I've been working very hard designing a range of cards and prints (going on sale soon- news to follow shortly).
The trouble is in doing this I realised that my logo of the kiosk just isn't working. This isn't to say I don't like it. I love my little kiosk sketch. The trouble is it is just that. A sketch. Not a logo. It doesn't scale well, it doesn't work in black and white, and well I've never been entirely happy with the font. When I add it to a mood board or mock up sheet it sometimes fights with the work I'm showing.
I needed something simpler. So I started playing around with ideas..
I wanted something that would work on lots of different platforms, reflect my style, but seem reasnoably professional. Which I don't think the smiley suns were quite managing!
I looked back at my original sketches for the kiosk logo and rediscovered this font I had created. I like it because it has the inky, blobby look of much of my work. But I didn't like the perfect circle. I use a lot of collage in my work so I wanted something that felt a little more as if it had been shaped by hand. This is what I came up with.
I've tried it out in different colourways, so I know I can adapt it easily. I've added it to my website. Have a look and tell me what you think. Next I will be reshaping this blog a little too, so next time you visit it might look different.