Friday 15 February 2013

New old logo design

So I've been a bit quiet in the blogging front. I'd like to say it was because I've been off sunning myself somewhere drenched in sun and historical interest. Not so. I've been working very hard designing a range of cards and prints (going on sale soon- news to follow shortly).
The trouble is in doing this I realised that my logo of the kiosk just isn't working. This isn't to say I don't like it. I love my little kiosk sketch. The trouble is it is just that. A sketch. Not a logo. It doesn't scale well, it doesn't work in black and white, and well I've never been entirely happy with the font. When I add it to a mood board or mock up sheet it sometimes fights with the work I'm showing.
I needed something simpler. So I started playing around with ideas..


I wanted something that would work on lots of different platforms, reflect my style, but seem reasnoably professional. Which I don't think the smiley suns were quite managing!
I looked back at my original sketches for the kiosk logo and rediscovered this font I had created. I like it because it has the inky, blobby look of much of my work. But I didn't like the perfect circle. I use a lot of collage in my work so I wanted something that felt a little more as if it had been shaped by hand. This is what I came up with.



I've tried it out in different colourways, so I know I can adapt it easily. I've added it to my website. Have a look and tell me what you think. Next I will be reshaping this blog a little too, so next time you visit it might  look different.

23 comments:

  1. It looks great Esther, splendid colour palette selection by-the-way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats why I redesigned my logo recently too, I loved it but it didn't work in a number of ways...I love the new one youve created and the website is looking awesome, love the mock up with the kids! so cute x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Esther! The new logos look great! I definitely think they're much better than the smiling sun. Some might think it's too simplistic; but as you said, the font can be seen in a lot of your work and the shape also reflects what you do. I think it's a great representation of your brand that people can easily identify. Big or small, on the web or on something like a key chain or a coaster, it will still look nice. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your kiosk logo. It matches with different colors well. It looks beautiful no matter what shade you use. I can imagine your logo being used in graphic tees. Hmm, why not try doing just that? The design is simply one of a kind; it will be a hit for sure.

    Emedia Creative

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Information dude thanks for sharing this valuable info i was searching it for long time

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your great post.I like this very much, please write more about these,wait for your update.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't charge per hour-Fixed prices. Offering Logo Design Brisbane, Graphic Design Brisbane, Web design. For small and large businesses Call 07 3160 7755.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I've been a bit quiet in the blogging front. professional logo design
    I'd like to say it was because I've been off sunning myself somewhere drenched in sun

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to say this is an excellent site that I have ever come across. Very informative. Please write more so that we can get more details.


    design logo | Ecommerce website

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your blog is truly awesome, Here is more information about..
    Graphic Design Brisbane | Logo Design Brisbane

    ReplyDelete

  11. There is lot of articles on the web about this on topic of Cheapest SEO Brisbane.But
    I like to give you more,although i found one that’s more dateils.It's rather a nice useful little bit of information.


    Cheapest SEO Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like This Blog Posting. I Will Recommend This Post to Our Friends.

    kitchener logo design company

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Thank you for sharing great information to us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really great design. I enjoyed lot. Thanks to share :)
    Logo Design Sydney | Web Design Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome and interesting article. Great things you've always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post.
    seo backlinks

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have not heard about before. Keep sharing more blog posts on this Community and get extra benefits with this ideas and knowledge. Thanks for this one.
    purdue
    cafemom
    victoriaadvocate

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. I enjoyed every little bit part of it and I will be waiting for the new updates. Amazing Logo Design

    ReplyDelete
  18. In this article, you'll discover how to get high-quality, authoritative links back to buy backlinks your blog. How to Build Backlinks for Your Blog From Quality ...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think this article will fully complement you article. Please continue publishing helpful topics like this. Regards, from php web development
    php developers Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete